Message from David Coleman, MD, Wade Professor and Chair of Medicine
I would like to update you on changes in the Section of Hematology-Oncology following Dr. Seldin’s tragic death last month. Our entire community mourns the loss of Dr. Seldin – he was an extraordinary role model, colleague, and friend. Dr. Adam Lerner has agreed to assume the role of Interim Section Chief. He has been generously assisting Dr. Seldin with administrative duties over the past few months and has kindly agreed to serve as Interim Section Chief pending recruitment of a new chief. Dr. Lerner has a long and distinguished record of service to the section, department, BUSM and BMC as a clinician, investigator, and teacher. We will continue to invest in the development of the section under his leadership and are very grateful for his acceptance of this role.
A search committee for Chief of the Hematology-Oncology Section has been formed under the leadership of Dr. Emelia Benjamin. The members of the committee are shown below.
Search Committee Members:
- Emelia Benjamin, MD (VC Faculty Development and Diversity, Cardiology)
- Bobbie White, PhD (Environmental Health)
- Ravin Davidoff, MD (EVP, BMC, Cardiology)
- Hemant Roy, MD (Gastroenterology)
- Avi Spira, MD (Computational Biomedicine)
- Maria Ramirez, PhD (Pulmonary)
- Jane Mendez, MD (Surgical Oncology)
- Gustavo Mostoslavsky, MD, PhD (Gastroenterology, Center for Regenerative Medicine)
- Anamika Verma (Administrative Assistant, Hematology Oncology)
Please let the search committee or me know of potentially suitable candidates. We will be conducting a national search for an outstanding physician-investigator and leader.
I would like to express my appreciation to Dr. Lerner for assuming the Interim Chief responsibilities and to members of the Search Committee for their willingness to assist in recruiting an outstanding leader for the section.