How To Order A Transcript
Official and Unofficial Transcripts
· Both official and unofficial transcripts contain all academic information about a student, such as classes and grades.
· Official transcripts include the signature of the School of Medicine Registrar and the Boston University seal. Official transcripts must be requested in writing and can be mailed to a designated destination.
· Unofficial transcripts carry the same student specific information as the official transcript but do not have the University seal or the Registrar’s signature.
How to Order a Transcript
Unofficial and Official transcripts must be requested in writing either by mail, in person or by fax.
Mailing labels should accompany any request in which the individual is asking for more than (2) transcripts to be sent to different destinations.
Please include the following information:
· Full name, including any former names
· Boston University I.D. number
· Date of birth
· School attended
· Dates of attendance
· Degrees awarded, if any
· Complete address information of transcript destination(s)
mail request to:
Office of the Registrar
Boston University School of Medicine
72 E. Concord St., A414
Boston, MA 02118
fax request to: (617) 638-4155
Processing time for requests received by mail or fax is five business days. If a transcript is needed immediately, students should visit the office in person or mail a request using an express courier such as Federal Express or U.S. Express Mail. Requests mailed by an express courier will be processed within two days of receipt.
An outstanding financial obligation to Boston University School of Medicine will prohibit the University from releasing an official transcript.