Allison R. Larson, MD
Associate Professor of Dermatology
Boston University School of Medicine
To Schedule An Appointment: 617-638-7420
Shapiro Ambulatory Care Center
725 Albany Street, Suite 8B, Boston, MA 02118
Boston University School of Medicine, Dept of Dermatology
609 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118
|2003||BS, MSE||Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD|
|2008||MD||Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD|
|2012-2014||Residency||Dermatology, Harvard University/Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA|
|2014||Fellowship||Dermatopathlogy, Harvard University, Boston MA|
Clinical Specialty and/or Research Interest
- General Dermatology
- Gynecologic Dermatology
- Medical Education
- Research interest – Gender equity in medicine
Dr. Larson sees general dermatology patients and holds a monthly gynecologic dermatology clinic at Boston Medical Center. She is Vice Chair for Education and Associate Residency Program Director. Her research interests include medical education and gender equity in medicine.
1. Alani RM, Larson AR, Falanga V. Paving a new path towards academic medicine-A novel approach to graduate medical education in the United States. Acad Med. 2016;91(8):1039-40.
2. Larson AR, Yang CY. Anatomy laboratory as an opportunity to educate about skin lesions. Med Teach. 2016 38(6):637.
3. Granter SR, Laga AC, Larson AR. Calciphylaxis and the persistence of medical misinformation in the era of Google. Am J Clin Pathol. 2015 144(3):427-31. Larson AR, Granter SR. Systemic lupus erythematosus-associated neutrophilic dermatosis – A review and update. Adv Anat Pathol. 2014;21(4):248-53.
4. Larson AR, Yuijang GS, Dresser K, Zhan Q, Lezcano C, Woda BA, Yosufi B, Thompson JF, Scolyer RA, Mihm MC, Murphy GF, Lian CG. Progressive loss of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine correlates with morphologic dysplasia in melanocytic lesions. Mod Pathol. 2014 [Epub ahead of print].
5. Larson AR, Granter SR. Systemic lupus erythematosus-associated neutrophilic dermatosis-an underrecognized neutrophilic dermatosis in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Human Pathol. 2014;45(3):598-605.
6. Larson AR, Lee CW, Lezcano C, Fisher AH, Zhan Q, Huang J, Murphy GF. Melanoma microsphere formation involves laminin-associated vasculogenic mimicry. Am J Pathol. 2014;184(1):71-8.
7. Lian CG, Xu Y, Ceol C, Wu F, Larson A, Dresser K, Zhan Q, Lian BQ, Lezcano C, Scolyer RA, Thompson JF, Houvras Y, Zon L, Mihm MC, Kaiser UB, Woda BA, Murphy GF, Shi YG. 5-Hydroxymethylcytosine is a unique epigenetic biomarker fundamental to melanoma progression. Cell. 2012;150(6):1135-46.