BUSM Filming Policy
Non-Educational Filming, Photography and Recording
- To define the Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine’s policy regarding filming, photographing and recording at the School for non-educational purposes.
- Any filming, photography or recording at the Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine must respect the privacy of our students, faculty and staff, and must not interfere with classes, active research or clinical education experiences.
- This policy applies to all students, faculty, staff, visitors (which include members of the media or film production crews)
- Filming: Filming is defined as any recording by photographic, video, electronic or audio media.
- All individuals who want to film on campus at the School must receive approval from the Communications Office.
Consent to film
- Written authorization is required from all students who will be identified in the filming, photography or recording, per FERPA. Verbal consent must be obtained from any faculty, staff or administrator prior to filming.