Support Our Institute
The Whitaker Cardiovascular Center (WCVI) welcomes all donations. Every gift and donation to the CVI makes a difference. Research in the WCVI is supported by grants from the government and from foundations, and by individual donations. These are vital for support of our mission to fight cardiovascular disease
- Cardiovascular disease accounts for ~1 of every 3 deaths in the US.
- About 2,300 Americans die of cardiovascular disease each day
- Cardiovascular diseases claim more lives each year than all forms of cancer and chronic lung combined.
Philanthropic support for the WCVI will help our investigators working on diagnoses, cures, and new therapies to combat cardiovascular disease. Donations will help research in the CVI in many ways, including but not limited to:
- fostering new collaborative interactions among our researchers,
- pilot funds for testing bold new ideas.
- larger donations can be used for training the next generations of scientists (MD and PhD)
- Named Research Programs allow for the significant advancement of focused research initiatives designed to develop new treatments for which there are no current therapies or are inadequate. Investigators meet personally with donors to provide milestones and updates on these research initiatives. Details please contact Dr. Flora Sam (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Online: Please go to BUSM Development to donate to the “Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute Gift Fund”
- By check payable to “Trustees of Boston University”, and the gift form or memo note of your check lists “Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute Gift Fund” as to ensure it is deposited to the correct fund.
You can print out our donation form, fill out the information and mail it to the address below.
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute
Attention: Nancy Clinton, MBA
700 Albany Street, W507
If you would like more information on supporting cardiovascular research at the CVI, meeting investigators, on making a bequest, or on other planned giving opportunities, please e-mail us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (617) 358-8202. Please feel free to contact us with questions or simply to let us know that you’ve made a contribution.