- The Ultimate Moving Checklist for College Students – Basic tips to assist you in moving to a new place.
- Provide 30 days’ notice to your landlord prior to the end of your lease. This is required for tenancy-at-will as well.
- Review Tenant Rights and Responsibilities from the Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation.
- Clean the apartment thoroughly and remove all belongings or the landlord may charge you for cleaning and removal.
- Contact utility companies to terminate their services in your name as of your move out date.
- Consult the Apartment Condition Statement you completed when moving in. The entire security deposit may not be refunded if there are any damages to the apartment. Conduct a joint inspection with your landlord to discuss damages if any.
- Return your keys to the landlord and obtain a signed receipt for keys.
- Change your address with the United States Postal Service.
- Take pictures and date them when you leave for the last time.
- Contact the landlord prior to your leaving to request your security deposit be sent to your new address, or arrange to pick it up from landlord.
- Make arrangements for storage if necessary.
Planet Self Storage
Self Storage Finders
SpareFoot Storage Finder
Uncle Bob’s Storage