Cutaneous Oncology Fellowship
ContactDebjani Sahni, MD
Tel: (617) 414-1366 email: email@example.com Director, Cutaneous Oncology Program
Boston University School of Medicine
609 Albany Street, J-101 Boston, MA 02118
The Cutaneous Oncology Program offers a 1-2 year fellowship in Cutaneous Oncology
Requirements include a medical degree from a recognized university; a year of internship; and at least one year of experience in medicine and/or dermatology. Applicants who have completed dermatology training are preferred. Proficiency in English is needed. Applicants from outside of North America must have passed the USMLE.
The Cutaneous Oncology Fellowship involves training in the following areas:
- monitoring of patients with pigmented lesions, with dermatoscopy and photography
- skin cancer prevention education and counseling
- early diagnosis and management of patients with malignant melanomas
- diagnosis and treatment of non-melanoma skin cancers
- diagnosis and treatment of patients with cutaneous lymphomas
- extracorporeal photopheresis
- conduct of clinical trials for skin cancer patients
- histopathology of pigmented lesions, melanomas, and cutaneous lymphomas
- preparation of didactic lectures in skin oncology for dermatology residents
- manuscript preparation and submission
The Cutaneous Oncology Fellow will also have the opportunity to attend weekly teaching sessions, monthly Grand Rounds, and New England Dermatology Society meetings.
The deadline to apply for the 2013/2014 academic year is May 1, 2013. Applications should include a curriculum vitae and three letters of recommendation.