(Selected peer-reviewed publications)
- Falanga V, Isaacs C, Paquette D, Downing G, Kouttab N, Butmarc J, Badiavas E, Hardin- Young J:Wounding of bioengineered skin: Cellular and molecular aspects after injury. J Invest Dermatol 119:653-660, 2002.
- Kim B-C, Kim HT, Park SH, Cha J-S, Yufit T, Kim S-J, Falanga V: Fibroblasts from chronic wounds show altered TGF-b Type II receptor expression. J Cell Physiol 195:331-336, 2003.
- Quesenberry PJ, Colvin GA, Abedi M, Lambert JF, Moore B, Demers D, Greer D, McAuliffe C, Dooner M, Lum LG, Badiavas E, Falanga V: The marrow stem cell: the continuum. Bone Marrow Transplant 1:19-22, 2003.
- Falanga V, Shrayer D, Cha J, Butmarc J, Carson P, Roberts AB, Kim S-J: Full-thickness wounding of the mouse tail as a model for delayed wound healing. Wound Rep Regen 12:320-326, 2004.
- Nahm WK, Philpot BD, Adams MM, Badiavas EV, Zhou LH, Butmarc J, Bear MF, Falanga V: Significance of N-Methyl-D-Aspartate (NMDA) receptor-mediated signaling in human keratinocytes. J Cell Physiol 200:309-317, 2004.
- Falanga V: Wound healing and its impairment in the diabetic foot. Lancet 366:1736-1743, 2005.
- Carson, PA: Clinical Research in Dermatology – 10 Steps to Getting Started. Dermatologic Therapy. Vol 19, 377-382, 2006.
- Falanga V, Butmarc J, Cha J, Yufit T, Carson P: Migration of the Epidermal over the Dermal Component (Epiboly) in a Bilayered Bioengineered Skin Construct. Tissue Engineering Jan;13 (1): 21-8, 2007.
- Falanga V, Iwamoto S, Chartier M, Yufit T, Butmarc J, Carson P, Kouttab N, Colvin G, Shrayer D: Autologous bone marrow-derived cultured mesenchymal stem cells delivered in a fibrin spray accelerate healing in murine and human cutaneous wounds. Tissue Engineering. 13:1299-1312, 2007.
- Falanga V: Bone marrow cells can manipulate healing. Blood 113:982-983, 2009.
- Panuncialman J, Hammerman S, Carson P, Falanga V: Wound edge biopsy sites in chronic wounds heal rapidly and do not result in delayed overall wound healing. Wound Rep Regen 18:21-25, 2010.
- Luo S, Yufit T, Carson P, Fiore D, Falanga J, Lin X, Mamakos L, Falanga V: Differential keratin expression during epiboly in a wound model of bioengineered skin and in human chronic wounds. Int J Low Extrem Wounds 10:122-129, 2011.
- Kurniali PC, O’gara K, Wang XF, Wang LJ, Somasundar P, Falanga V, Espat NJ, Katz SC: The effects of sorafenib on the early liver repair response and regeneration in a murine model of partial hepatectomy. J Surg Res. March 29, 2012. Epub ahead of print.
- Falanga V: Stem cells in tissue repair and regeneration. J Investigative Dermatology. 132:1538-1541, 2012.
- Yufit T, Carson P, Falanga V: Topical delivery of cultured stem cells to human non-healing wounds: GMP facility development in an academic setting and FDA requirements for an IND for human testing. Curr Drug Deliv 2013 (Epub, ahead of print).
- Lin X, Iwamoto S, Carson P, Fiore D, Ramirez R, Yufit T, Falanga V: Systemic GCSF to improve wound bed preparation. Int J Low Extrem Wounds. In Press