Christina Lam, MD
Assistant Professor of Dermatology
Boston University School of Medicine
Medical Director, Dermatology Clinic
To Schedule an Appointment: 617-638-7420
Shapiro Ambulatory Care Center
725 Albany Street, Suite 8B, Boston, MA 02118
Boston University School of Medicine, Dept of Dermatology
609 Albany Street, J-601 Boston, MA 02118
|2006||M.D.||McGill University Faculty of Medicine, Montreal, QC|
|2006-2011||Residency||Dermatology, University of Montreal Faculty of Medecine, Montreal, QC|
|2011-2012||Fellowship||Dermatology & Rheumatology, Brigham and Women Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA|
Clinical Specialties and Research Interests
- Connective tissue disease
- Cutaneous lupus
- Systemic sclerosis/scleroderma
- Medical dermatology
Christina Lam, MD is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the Boston University School of Medicine. She is board-certified in Dermatology both in Canada and the US.
After receiving her medical degree from McGill University, Dr. Lam completed her dermatology residency at University of Montreal, training at affiliated adult and pediatric health care centers in the Greater Montreal area. She went on to pursue specialized fellowship training in Dermatology-Rheumatology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.
Dr. Lam’s clinical and research interests encompass connective tissue diseases, such as cutaneous lupus, dermatomyositis, and morphea, and complex medical dermatology, including sarcoidosis and vasculitis. She currently leads a subspecialty Rheumatologic Dermatology Clinic at Boston Medical Center, in which individualized and advanced therapies are coordinated for these challenging diseases.
1. Femia AN, Eastham AB, Lam C, Merola JF, Qureshi AA, Vleugels RA. Intravenous Immunoglobulin for Refractory Cutaneous Dermatomyositis: A retrospective analysis from an academic medical center. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Oct;69(4):654-7.
2. Liu SW, Velez NF, Lam C, Granter SR, Townsend HB, Vleugels RA. Anti-Tumor Necrosis Factor Induced Dermatomyositis in a Patient with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. JAMA Dermatol. 2013 Oct;149(10):1204-8.
3. Lam C, Vleugels RA. Images in Clinical Medicine. Epidermolysis Bullosa Acquisita. N Engl J Med. 2013 Mar 28;368(13):e17.
4. Funaro D, Krasny M, Lam C, Desy D, Sauthier P, Bouffard D. Extramammary Paget Disease: Epidemiology and Association to Cancer in a Quebec-Based Population. J Low Genit Tract Dis. 2013 Apr;17(2):167-74.
5. Lam C, Vleugels RA. Management of Cutaneous Dermatomyositis. Dermatol Ther. 2012 Mar-Apr;25(2):112-34
6. Al Dhaybi R, Lam C, Hatami A, Powell J, McCuaig C, Kokta V. Targetoid hemosiderotic hemangiomas (hobnail hemangiomas) are vascular lymphatic malformations: A study of 12 pediatric cases. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2012 Jan;66(1):116-20.
7. Paquette K, Cheng MP, McGillivray D, Lam C, Quach C. Is a Lumbar Puncture Necessary When Evaluating Febrile Infants (30 to 90 Days of Age) With an Abnormal Urinalysis? Pediatr Emerg Care. 2011 Nov;27(11):1057-61.