Department Of Defense
The Fiscal Year 2018 Department of Defense Appropriations Act provides research funding for the following peer reviewed programs managed by the Department of Defense, Office of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP):
Upcoming Funding Opportunities
- Multiple Sclerosis Research Program Funding Opportunities for (FY18)
- Ovarian Cancer Research Program Anticipated Funding Opportunities for (FY18)
- Bone Marrow Failure Research Program Anticipated Funding Opportunities for (FY18)
- Breast Cancer Research Program Anticipated Funding Opportunities for (FY18)
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Young Faculty Award (YFA) program aims to identify and engage rising stars in junior faculty positions in academia and equivalent positions at non-profit research institutions and expose them to Department of Defense (DoD) and National Security challenges and needs.
Rapid Innovation Fund Source Selection Milestones (RIF). The RIF provides a collaborative vehicle for small businesses to provide the department with innovative technologies that can be rapidly inserted into acquisition programs that meet specific defense needs. RIF is administered by the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) Assistant Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (ASD R&E) and Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP).
- FY 2017 RIF BAA (NAICS Code 541711) – R&D in Biotechnology (Released 17 March 2017)
- FY 2017 RIF BAA (NAICS Code 541712) – R&D in the Physical, Engineering & Life Science (Released 17 March 2017)