(Based on faculty rank and experience)
Interested faculty, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Wednesday, April 19
Qualifications for this position:
- An MD with patient care experience.
- Leadership and administrative experience.
- Experience in medical school admissions, residency selection, medical education or student affairs.
From the BUSM Bylaws:
Section C. Associate Dean for Admissions (MD Program)
- The Associate Dean for Admissions shall be appointed by the Dean and shall serve at the pleasure of the Dean to supervise the admission of all students to the School of Medicine in the doctoral degree program in medicine.
- The Associate Dean for Admissions shall:
- Chair the Admissions Committee.
- Co-chair the Admissions Committees for the Early Assurance Programs, including BA/MD, Modular Medical Integrated Curriculum (MMEDIC), and Early Medical School Selection (EMSSP) Programs.
- Ensure an equitable system of admissions to the best qualified candidates for the doctoral degree program in medicine.
- Serve on the Executive Committee.
- Serve on the Promotions Committee for the Early Assurance Programs.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined in the bylaws, duties also include:
- Provide guidance to the Office of Student Financial Services in determining merit and need-based financial aid to the entering class to ensure that the distribution of financial aid supports the school’s strategic goals.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Admissions program meet LCME accreditation requirements and adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Submit to the Dean ongoing, quantitative monitoring and analysis on all aspects of the Admissions program.
- Collaborate with the Directors of the early assurance and combined degree programs to ensure that these students meet all expectations of the BUSM faculty and all applicable accreditation standards.
- Co-chair, ex officio, the Technical Standards Review Committee.
- Serve on the Steering Committee for the Early Assurance Programs.
- Work with the Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs to develop and implement effective strategies to enhance the diversity of the student body.
Represent the Admissions program to internal and external parties as appropriate. Travel to undergraduate schools to educate admissions officers and students about our programs.