Typical Interview Day
We conduct interviews on selected Monday, Wednesday, and Friday dates from early October to the middle of February. All interviews are offered by invitation of the Committee on Admissions and once an applicant has been invited, every effort is made to accommodate his/her schedule requests. The interview day program runs from 8:00 AM to about 3:00 PM and includes opportunities to meet students and faculty, and a presentation from the Office of Student Financial Services. Each applicant has one 45-60 minute personal interview with a member of the faculty who serves on the Committee on Admissions. Lunch for the group of applicants is hosted by 1st and 2nd year students and campus tours are provided by 3rd and 4th year students. The program ends with a wrap-up session with the Dean for Admissions.
Volunteer students play an active role in the interview day and are available by email and telephone to answer questions before and after the campus visit. In addition, some students are willing to host out-of-town guests coming to Boston for interview at BUSM. Additional information on this option will be made available when your interview date is confirmed.
To make arrangements to stay in the Boston area, consult the Hotel and Lodging Information Page on our website.
Below is a sample agenda of what a typical interview day might look like at BUSM.
- 8:00am-9:00am Introduction and Welcome by Dean Witzburg
- 9:15am-10:00am Open Discussion with Faculty Member or Interview
- 10:15am-11:00am Open Discussion with Faculty Member or Interview
- 11:00am-11:30am Curriculum Review Session
- 11:30am-12:30pm Lunch with 1st and 2nd Year Students
- 12:30am-1:30pm Campus Tour with 3rd and 4th Year Students
- 1:30pm-2:00pm Financial Management Talk
- 2:00pm-2:30pm Wrap Up Session with Dean Witzburg
- 3:00pm-4:00pm Optional session with Dr. Rafael Ortega, Associate Dean, Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs