The Application Process
The Boston Medical Center Combined Residency Program in Family Medicine and Psychiatry participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All applications must be processed through the Electronic Resident Application Service (ERAS).
Applicants must submit a complete ERAS application with the following requirements:
- Three letters of recommendation*
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) letter
- USMLE Step 1 and 2 (CS and CK)** or COMLEX Part I and Part II (CE and PE)** are required to be considered for an interview and to become a licensed trainee in the state of Massachusetts. The Step II scores – both parts must be available by the end of January.
*We encourage submitting at least one LOR from Psychiatry and one that is medical (i.e. Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Family Medicine)
**COVID restrictions permitting
Additional requirements for International Medical Graduates:
- All graduates of international medical schools must apply through the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Boston Medical Center sponsors only the J-1 Visa.
For more information, please direct your inquiries to:
Family Medicine-Psychiatry Residency Program Coordinator
Boston Medical Center
Department of Psychiatry
720 Harrison Avenue, 7th Floor, Suite 7600
Boston, MA 02118