3rd & 4th year research electives
The M3 selective and M4 research electives are mentored activities in which medical students study a scientific or educational question in biomedical science for the purpose of furthering knowledge.
Research elective goals
- Conceive the study aim(s) and, if applicable develop a hypothesis.
- Learn and apply the rules and procedures for performing research with biological systems (human beings or animals or biological samples or biomedical information), education and teaching concepts, or other categories adding to the body of scientific knowledge.
- Learn methods for gathering, organizing, and protecting biomedical information.
- Develop laboratory and/or processing skills geared toward generating original scientific results.
- If applicable, test the study hypothesis.
- Develop scientific writing skills to generate an internal report or ideally a peer reviewed publication,
- Develop scientific data presentation skills.