The MD/PhD program at Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine believes that the diversity of our student body helps to drive the lifelong success of our students. By welcoming students of diverse race, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, religion, sexual orientation, immigration status, disability and socioeconomic status, we create a compassionate and tolerant learning community. We know that students who matriculate through our program will be well prepared to serve as physician-scientists in the diverse and every-changing society that we live.
Our program is committed to cultivating a diverse and respectful environment for all, regardless of gender, race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, or sexual orientation. To enhance the diversity of our student group, members of the MD/PhD faculty serve as mentors for undergraduates from traditionally underrepresented groups in science for summer research training at BU in the NIH-supported STaRS Program and participate in recruitment activities at colleges, universities, and national conferences for students.
More information & Resources at Boston University
- Graduate Medical Sciences Diversity Equity and Inclusion
- BU School of Medicine Anti-racism Resources
- BU School of Medicine Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Resources
- BU School of Medicine Disability and Access Services
- BU Diversity and Inclusion Office
- Boston University Diversity Statement
- Ensuring Inclusivity in Teaching Materials and Classrooms