The BMC/BU Medical Campus Research Professionals Network (RPN)
An important initiative and service of the Clinical & Translational Science Institute is the Research Professionals Network (RPN). Its overarching goal is to enhance the quality of human/clinical research at the BMC/BU Medical Campus by supporting the professional development of clinical research support staff. Some of the major objectives of the RPN are to:
- Provide professional development opportunities for research professionals through trainings, workshops, seminars, discussion groups, and other educational events
- Encourage mentoring and networking amongst research professionals within and outside of the BMC/BU Medical Campus research community
- Support an effective, efficient system to keep network members up to date on changing policies and regulations
- Increase awareness and communication of best practices and innovation to promote participant recruitment, retention, and satisfaction
- Maximize satisfaction and productivity of all members of the research team through sharing of resources
The RPN has a Leadership Committee with representatives from various research roles and major departments and offices at BMC/BU Medical Campus involved in the conduct, support, and regulation of human/clinical research. There will be an annual RPN meeting where members can interact and celebrate successes. An annual RPN member survey provides a dynamic needs assessment and metrics to help plan and evaluate RPN activities.
Membership in the RPN is open to all BMC/BU Medical Campus research personnel involved in coordinating clinical/human subjects research such as research managers, study/clinical/research coordinators, data managers/analysts, and research assistants.
The goal of the Research Professionals Network is to support the professional development of clinical research staff and enhance the quality of research at BMC/BUMC.
This is only meant for current staff of Boston University Medical Campus, Boston Medical Center, or locally affiliated institutions that work in human subjects and clinical research. If you are wishing to join the RPN and are at a collaborating institution, please contact your local team.