Job Opportunity – Postdoctoral Associate
- We are looking for a postdoctoral associate to develop methods to analyze NGS data including single-cell RNA sequencing and CITE-seq, whole exome/genome DNA sequencing, and bulk RNA sequencing in projects related to the genomic characterization of lung premalignant lesions in the “Pre-Cancer Genome Atlas” consortium funded by Human Tumor Atlas Network https://humantumoratlas.org/hta3/). Therefore, data analysis and method development experience with single-cell RNA-seq, DNA-seq data, and/or RNA-seq data in the setting of cancer is preferred.
This position will be supervised by Drs. Jennifer Beane and Joshua Campbell and collaborate very closely with the Mazzilli and Spira/Lenburg Computational Biomedicine labs. The position will involve working with several investigators and trainees with a wide range of expertise in areas such as clinical medicine, computational biology, functional genomics, and biostatistics. In addition, the postdoctoral associate will have access to and participate in multiple methods development and analysis working groups to increase knowledge and proficiency of genomic algorithms and approaches. Training in grant writing will be provided by supervising faculty and also available through university-sponsored workshops. Funding for this position is available through 2022 however independent fellowships will be encouraged and supported.
- Required Skills
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field within the past 5 years.
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English are required.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Experience developing or applying algorithms for analyzing large-scale genomic datasets is preferred.
- Experience with Unix/Linux is required and experience with R and Python is preferred.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BU WEBSITE:
Please email a cover letter and CV to Dr. Joshua Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org).