How To Order A Transcript
All forms and documents for graduates of the M.D. program requiring completion by the Office of the Registrar (including transcript requests, licensure forms, verification of attendance, etc.) can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
by mail to:
Office of the Registrar, Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine, 72 E. Concord St., Room A414, Boston, MA 02118
or by fax to:
Boston University follows the guidelines of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers, which states that an official university transcript reflects all of the academic coursework completed at the institution.
Transcripts provide a comprehensive record of a student’s academic progress, including credit for courses that were transferred from other institutions, credit earned by examination, and degrees earned at Boston University. The grades for courses taken at other institutions are not listed on your Boston University transcript. In order to obtain this information, contact the institution that offered these courses.
Official and Unofficial Transcripts
· Both official and unofficial transcripts contain all academic information about a student, such as classes and grades.
· Official transcripts include the signature of the Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine Registrar and the Boston University seal. Official transcripts must be requested in writing and can be mailed to a designated destination.
· Unofficial transcripts carry the same student specific information as the official transcript but do not have the University seal or the Registrar’s signature.
How to Order a Transcript
Unofficial and Official transcripts must be requested in writing either by email, mail, in person or by fax.
Please include the following information:
· Full name, including any former names
· Boston University I.D. number or last 4 digits of social security number
· Date of birth
· School attended
· Dates of attendance
· Degrees awarded, if any
· Complete address information of transcript destination(s)
mail request to:
Office of the Registrar
Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine
72 E. Concord St., A414
Boston, MA 02118
fax request to: (617) 358-7551
or email request to:
Processing time for requests received is five business days.
An outstanding financial obligation to Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine will prohibit the University from releasing an official transcript.