The Obesity Journal Club
Next Obesity Journal Club Tuesday, September 21 at 12:00PM
- Presenter: Anna Grossman, MS; Doctoral Candidate, Food and Nutrition Policy and Programs at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
- Article Title: Food addiction comorbid to mental disorders: A nationwide survey and register-based study.
- Author/Journal: Christina Horsager, PhD et al. (2021) Int J Eat Disord. DOI: 1002/eat.23472
Location: in-person in M&V 105 and remotely on Zoom
Meeting ID: 971 5994 0983
About the Obesity Journal Club (OJC):
The OJC is a student-led organization sponsored by the Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center and is part of the Tufts Institute for Global Obesity Research (TIGOR). Dean Aviva Must serves as the faculty facilitator. We gather once per month for a thoughtful discussion of peer-reviewed articles from the current obesity literature. A wide variety of articles spanning multiple disciplines are discussed.
- A complete list of the articles discussed in past OJC meetings are availablehere in the archives.
OJC is participatory. We ask students and faculty to volunteer and present an article of their choice at future meetings. This is a great opportunity for students to practice their public speaking skills in a friendly, low-risk environment. The general format includes a PowerPoint presentation summarizing the article and an informal critical discussion as group. Faculty and students in the greater Boston area are strongly encouraged to present and join meetings!
- We meetin-person (MV105) and virtually on Zoom from 12-1pm on the third Tuesday of the month from September to May.
- Announcements for each meeting will comeone week in advance and will include information on the presenter and journal article.
- Reserve your spot to present this year by signing up here!