Functional Genomics and Bioinformatics (FGB) Core
Co-Assistant Directors: Experimental Bioinformatics
Click here for core presentation on October 18, 2019.
The Functional Genomics and Bioinformatics Core provides services to investigators within BNORC and the Boston area looking to expand their research using state-of-the-art genomic applications. It utilizes next generation technologies and sequencing platforms to help identify the complex molecular mechanisms underlying human disease. Core staff can consult with researchers to ensure optimal experimental design on a case-by-case basis. Downstream or stand-alone data analysis pipelines are also offered to help researchers get the most from their datasets.
- Pre- and post-experimental consultation to determine proper experimental approach, design, and interpretation
- Sample quality assessment of DNA and RNA using the BioAnalyzer and Qubit assays
- Library preparation, sequencing, and analysis of transcriptomes (RNA-seq), cistromes (ChIP-seq), chromatin accessibility (ATAC-seq)
- Standalone RNA preparation, RNA and DNA Bioanalyzer analyses, chromatin shearing/shear checks
- Standalone sequencing on NextSeq500
- Single Cell/Nucleus Library RNA-seq Droplet generation, Library Preparation
- Basic data analysis: quality assessment and normalization, genomic alignment, differential expression/enrichment, Gene set analysusGSEA, sample clustering, and motif enrichment
- Bespoke data analysis, including integration of complex ChIP-seq and RNA-seq data sets, single-cell sequencing analyses