About the Immunology Training Program (ITP)
The ITP is an interdepartmental teaching and research program involving faculty from multiple disciplines within the Boston University Schools of Medicine, Public Health, and Dental Medicine.
- The Immunology Training Program has trained over 80 pre and post-doctoral students during its 25 year history.
- Faculty members part of the Immunology Training Program have mentored over 300 trainees in their labs.
- ITP trainees have published over 200 peer-reviewed journal articles during the last 10 years.
- Boston University is ranked 55th among all academic institutions worldwide in the subject area of immunology according to US News & World Reports.
- The School of Medicine is ranked 30th globally and the School of Public Health is ranked 11th nationally.
- ITP has 9 particular areas of expertise:
This program is partially funded by the NIH and receives approximately $236,000 a year through the T32 Training Grant, “Research Training in Immunology.