Seed Grant Recipients for 2012
The 2012 Seed Grant Recipients were:
Matthew Jones, PhD, Pulmonary
Collaborators: Kenneth H. Albrecht, PhD, Medicine, Genetics and Genomic; Caryn L. Navarro, PhD, Medicine
- To determine whether ZCCHC11 deficiency affects the content level and uridylation of testicular sncRNAs using deep sequencing, mRNA expression using microarrays, and retrotransposon expression using qRT-PCR.
- To how and when ZCCHC11 deficiency causes germ cell loss leading to infertility by analyzing morphology and marker gene expression in Zcchc11 mutant gonads.
Cesar A. Sommer, PhD, Gastroenterology
Collaborator: Gustavo Mostoslavsky, PhD, Gastroenterology
- To interrogate the transcriptome of GIP-expressing K-cells in order to identify genes that define their molecular profile.
- To investigate the ability of K-cell “identity genes” to modulate the production of GIP and the development of K-cells in vitro.
Sam Thiagalingam, PhD, Biomedical Genetics
Collaborator: Maria I. Ramirez, PhD, Pulmonary Center
- To test the effect of SDPR over-expression/knock down in in vitro model systems and screening for SDPR expression in tissue microarrays (TMA)
- In vivo analysis of candidate metastasis suppressor gene, SDPR.