“Cell Therapy: An Emerging Drug Class” Biju Parekkadan, PhD Assistant Professor of Surgery Harvard Medical...
- Sept. 2012– present: Master’s Program
- Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- May 2007:
- B.S., Biology and Biotechnology with a Concentration in Cell and Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
As a result of many factors including life experiences and my employment both here at BUMC as a member of the Sharon lab and previously at UMMS in Worcester, my current research interests include: Molecular, Cancer, and Stem Cell Biology, Anatomical Pathology, and Immunology.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Protective B-cell epitopes of Francisella tularensis O-polysaccharide in a mouse model of respiratory tularaemia, Immunology, July 2012
- Authors: Lu Z, Madico G, Roche MI, Wang Q, Hui JH, Perkins HM, Zaia J, Costello CE, Sharon J; Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA.
- In print: Immunology, Volume 136, Issue 3, pages 352–360, July 2012
- Online: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2567.2012.03589.x/full
- The Integrin – Growth Factor Receptor Duet, Journal of Cellular Physiology, Sept. 2007
- Authors: N Alam, HL Goel, MJ Zarif, JE Butterfield, HM Perkins, BG Sansoucy, TK Sawyer, LR Languino; Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts
- In print: Journal of Cellular Physiology, vol. 213 no. 3 pgs. 649-653. 2007, Wiley-Liss, Inc.
- Online: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/116321225/ABSTRACT
- Search for Cervical Stem Cells Using Immunofluorescence, MQP, Aug. 2006-Apr. 2007
- Identified potential stem cell regions in normal, human cervical tissue samples via immunofluorescence.
- Full project available at: http://www.wpi.edu/Pubs/E-project/Available/E-project-042507-105339/
- Presented at the Twenty-Fourth Annual Spring Symposium for the New England Society for Microscopy in Woods Hole, MA. May 5, 2007.
- Traveling/Foreign Languages