“Translational Genomics and Precision Cancer Medicine” Nikhil Wagle, MD Instructor in Medicine Harvard Medical School Dana-Farber...
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine News Items –
- Chad Mayer, MD/PhD Student in the Kurosawa Lab is the recipient of the 2014, MD/PhD Student Conference Diversity Award from the Medical Sciences Training Program; and he received a check for $500.00
- MD/PhD candidate Nick Woolf, in the Rahimi Lab, was recently accepted as a fellow in BU’s 2013-2014 Cross-Disciplinary Training in Nanotechnology for Cancer (XTNC) program. This fellowship will fund his research stipend for at least one year (two with a renewal application). It’s a great opportunity for Nick to meet other PhD students in the sciences at BU, and he will be learning the nuances of several techniques with nanobiology applications.
- Dr. Shinichiro Kurosawa received an NIH/NIAID R01 award to continue his laboratory’s basic and translational research with enterohemorrhagic E.coli and the bacterial toxins
- Nancy S. Miller, MD will present Grand Rounds at the University of Massachusetts, Lowell, in October
- Dr. David Sherr’s Lab, along with Stefano Monti’s, was awarded a supplement to their Superfund Research Program to apply computational biology and high throughput genomics to define transcriptional signatures of carcinogenicity
- Dr. Barbara Nikolajczyk:
- has been invited to give a Seminar at the 2nd Aegean Conference on Immunometabolism meeting, Rhodes, Greece, September 2013. “Lymphocytes regulate inflammation in human type 2 diabetes”
- Dr. Nikolajczyk will also serve on the HAI (Hypersensitivity, Allergy and Immune-mediated diseases) study section in October 2013
- Dr. Barbara Nikolajczyk has also been invited to co-chair and speak in a Major Symposium at the American Association of Immunologists meeting in Pittsburgh, PA in May 2014
- Natarajan M, Schiralli Lester GM, Lee C, Missra A, Wasserman GA, Steffen M, Gilmour DS, Henderson AJ.”NELF coordinates RNA polymerase II pausing, premature termination and chromatin remodeling to regulate HIV transcription.” J Biol Chem. 2013 Jul 24