Antonio de las Morenas, M.D., Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine has...
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine News Items
- Our own, Ryan Gould, Pathology Assistant, has been chosen to receive one of this year’s Boston Medical
Center’s “Be Exceptional Awards!” Bravo Ryan! Ryan was notified of the award on April 24th along with an Edible Arrangements, balloons and an invitation to the May 8th “Be Exceptional Awards” Ceremony
- The ASIP 2013 Annual Meeting at Experimental Biology; Boston, MA, April 20-24:
- Dr. Daniel Remick organized a workshop for the American Society of Investigative Pathology at the 2013 Experimental Biology Meeting. The workshop was titled “We can’t all be PI’s: Preparing Graduate Students for Alternative Career Paths”. More than 700 attendees signed up for the workshop although there were actually only 80 attendees. Typically only 15 to 20 participants come to the workshop so there was significant interest in the topic. Additional information may be found at: http://www.asipcentennial.org//award_lectures/pls.cfm
- Dr. Michael Greene, recent PhD, presented a poster entitled “”The circulating molecular chaperone clusterin interacts with amyloidogenic transthyretin oligomers and modulates amyloid formation”
- PhD Candidate, Jacquelyn Sikora in Dr. Connors Lab, gave a poster, “Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the 3′ untranslated and near gene regions of transthyretin may play a role in senile systemic amyloidosis.” This poster is in the ASIP Translational Research in Human and Animal Models session, Monday April 22
- Dr. Maria Panchenko and Post-doc Dr. Nirodhini Siriwardana presented the poster “Histone Acetyl Transferase (HAT) HBO1 and PHD Finger Protein 17 (PHF17/JADE1) in Epithelial Cell Regeneration” at “Experimental Biology”
- Celebrating Lab Week!! April 22-26 is Medical Laboratory Professionals Week! It’s that time of year again; time to recognize and celebrate the dedication, hard work and excellence of our laboratory team! Click here for video
- Nancy S. Miller, MD presented the following at the New England Microbiology Medical Directors Meeting, April 24, 2013: “Developing a protocol for Fecal Microbiota Transplant: One institution’s story”
- Dr. Karen Quillen was an invited speaker at the Massachusetts Association of Blood Banks Annual Spring Seminar in April. Title of talk was “Back to basics, and back to the future”
- Kendra N. Iskander, Marcin F. Osuchowski, Deborah J. Stearns-Kurosawa, Shinichiro Kurosawa, David Stepien, Catherine Valentine and Daniel G. Remick; Sepsis – Multiple Abnormalities, Heterogeneous Responses, Evolving Understanding; accepted April 29, 2013, Physiological Reviews. This article was just accepted for publication in Physiological Reviews, which has an impact factor of 27. Physiological Reviews is ranked #5 among all biomedical scientific journals.
- Qu X, Li M, Liu HJ, Xiang Y, Tan Y, Weber HC, Qin XQ. Role of bombesin receptor activated protein in the antigen presentation by human bronchial epithelial cells. J Cell Biochem. 2013 Jan;114(1):238-44.
- Weber HC. Medical treatment of neuroendocrine tumours. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 2013;20:27-31.
- Hermos JA, Altincatal A, H. Christian Weber, Grotzinger K, Smoot KJ, Cho K, Gagnon DR, Lawler EV. Thrombocytopenia and Bleeding in Veterans with Non-hepatitis C-related Chronic Liver Disease. Dig Dis Sci. 2013 Feb;58(2):562-73