Seminar Series: Fall 2016 ~~ Friday, September 23, 2016 2:00-3:00 PM ...
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine News Items –
- Read all about our very own Christian Kiriakos in the March installment of The BMC Brief; “What Do You Do, Christian Kiriakos?” Link
- Michael Greene, PhD, successfully defended his thesis “Evidence for a Role of the Molecular Chaperone Clusterin in Systemic Amyloidosis” on Monday March 25th
- Heather Cohen Leach, PhD, successfully defended her thesis “Endothelial and Innate Immune Cross-Talk in the Pathogenesis of Pulmonary Fibrosis in Mice” on Wednesday, March 27th
- Dr. Barbara Nikolajczyk has the following Invited Talks:
- Miami 2013 Winter Symposium, The molecular basis of metabolism and nutrition, B lymphocytesare master regulators of a pro-inflammatory T cell balance in obesity and type 2 diabetes, Miami,Florida, 2013.
- University of Miami, Department of Immunology, Miami FL, B lymphocytes regulate a pro-inflammatory T cell balance in human type 2 diabetes, 2013
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Children’s Center for Cancer and Blood Diseases, Los Angeles,CA, Human B lymphocytes are master regulators of a pro-inflammatory T cell balance in type 2diabetes, 2013
- 2nd Aegean Conference on Immunometabolism, Rhodes, Greece. B lymphocytes regulate a pro-inflammatory T cell balance in human type 2 diabetes, 2013o
- USCAP 2013; Baltimore, Maryland, March 2nd – 8th:
- Joy Tan, MD, 4th year resident, et al presented a poster: “ANALYSIS OF BRAFV600EMUTATION IN PAPILLARY THYROID CARCINOMA WITH SINGLE OR MULTIPLETUMOR NODULES” Josenia Tan, Antonio de las Morenas, Shi Yang and Huihong Xuo
- Anita Deshpande, MD 2nd year resident, et al presented a poster: “INTERSTITIAL CELLSOF CAJAL IN GASTROINTESTINAL LEIOMYOMA” Anita Deshpande, M.D, 2 VikramDeshpande, M.D, and 1Michael J O’Brien, M.Do
- Tammy H. Osaki, Aaron Fay, Manisha Mehta, Nambi Nallasamy, Milton Waner, Dawn K. De Castro. Orbital development as a function of age in indigenous North American skeletons. Accepted forpublication by Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Iskander, Kendra; Craciun, Florin; Stepien, David; Duffy, Elizabeth; Kim, Jiyoun; Moitra,Rituparna; Vaickus, Louis; Osuchowski, Marcin; Remick, Daniel. Cecal ligation and puncture-induced murine sepsis does not cause lung injury. Critical Care Medicine 2013 Jan; 41 (1):159-70o
- DeFuria, J, Belkina, AC, Jagannathan-Bogdan, M, Snyder-Cappione, J, Carr, JD, Nersesova,Y, Markham, D, Strissel, KJ, Watkins, A, Allen, J, Bouchard, J, Torald, G, Jasuja, R, Obin, MS,McDonnell, ME, Apovian, C, Denis, GV and Nikolajczyk, BS. B cells promote inflammation inobesity and type 2 diabetes through regulation of T cell function and an inflammatory cytokine profileProceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (In Press)