Seminar Series: Spring 2016 ~~ Friday, April 29, 2016 2:00-3:00 PM ...
- Dr. Barbara Nikolajczyk recently gave two talks:
- At Miami 2013 Nature Winter Symposium on The Molecular Basis of Metabolism and Nutrition, “B lymphocytes are master regulators of a pro-inflammatory T cell balance in obesity and type 2 diabetes”, on February, 13th 2013 in Miami, Florida
- Also at the University of Miami, Department of Immunology, on February 14th 2013 also in Miami, “B lymphocytes regulate a pro-inflammatory T cell balance in human type 2 diabetes”
- Heather Cohen Leach, PhD Candidate has been invited to give an oral presentation at Experimental Biology 2013 on March 22nd in Boston entitled, “ENDOTHELIAL CELLS CONTRIBUTE TO INFLAMMATION AND FIBROSIS IN BLEOMYCIN INDUCED LUNG INJURY”
- Dr. Nader Rahimi has been awarded OTD-HTS Ignition Award to develop a chemical inhibitor for renal cancer treatment
- DeFuria, J, Belkina, AC, Jagannathan-Bogdan, M, Snyder-Cappione, J, Carr, JD, Nersesova, Y, Markham, D, Strissel, KJ, Watkins, A, Allen, J, Bouchard, J, Torald, G, Jasuja, R, Obin, MS, McDonnell, ME, Apovian, C, Denis, GV and Nikolajczyk, BS. “B cells promote inflammation in obesity and type 2 diabetes through regulation of T cell function and an inflammatory cytokine profile” Accepted into PNAS (In Press)
- Kilari S, Remadevi I, Zhao B, Pan J, Miao R, Ramchandran R, North PE, You M, Rahimi N, Wilkinson GA. “Endothelial Cell-Specific Chemotaxis Receptor (ECSCR) enhances Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) Receptor-2/Kinase insert domain receptor (KDR) activation and promotes proteolysis of internalized KDR.” Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2013 Feb 7