Seminar Series: Spring 2016 ~~ Friday, April 29, 2016 2:00-3:00 PM ...
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine News Items
- Zachary Hunter, PhD Candidate, spoke at the 7th International www.wmworkshop.org Workshop on Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia in Newport, Rhode Island, August 23-26, 2012 this included:
- Mutational Landscape of WM Revealed Through Whole Genome Sequencing
- MYD88 L265P as a response marker in Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia
- Zach followed up his presentation with in a workshop summary session for patients following: Revelation of MYD88 L265P as a Novel Mutation in WM
- Barbara Nikolajczyk, PhD has been awarded a new grant; “The Role of Lymphocytes in Diet-Induced Metabolic Disease,” NIH/NIDDK R56, Funding Period – 9/1/12 – 8/31/13
- Barbara Nikolajczyk, PhD made presentations at:
- The Obesity Society Pre-conference Workshop on Adipocyte Metabolism “Lymphocytes in Immunometabolism” San Antonio, Texas, September 20-21, 2012
- The Obesity Society Plenary Oral Presentation, B lymphocytes are master regulators of a pro-inflammatory T cell balance in obesity and glucose intolerance, San Antonio, Texas, September 20-21, 2012
- The Nikolajczyk Lab has a new addition: Anna Blekina has joined the lab as a post-doctoral fellow
- Missy Cohen in Laboratory Medicine was a presenter on a panel at the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB). She discussed our method of storing and managing tissue through Transfusion Services in a similar manner as managing blood as opposed to managing and storing tissues in the O.R. The purpose of the panel as a whole was to convince tissue procurement and processing groups of using an international method of labeling tissue known as ISBT128 labeling. This method of labeling has been a requirement of the AABB (American Association of Blood Banks) for several years now with great success of being able to uniquely identify every unit of blood that has been collected on an international level and allowing for improved distribution of blood across borders which, in turn, allows blood to be delivered to places that need it most.
- Next month Missy Cohen will be visiting with the Vice President of Tissue Services at the New England Organ Banks (NEOB), Diana Buck, to tour their facility and see where the tissues and organs that we use come from. While there, Missy will be sharing information with Diana and her staff about ISBT128 labeling and how their tissue improves the lives of our patients
- Dr. Lija Joseph presented:
- A poster at the College of American Pathologists Annual Meeting, San Diego California, September 9-12, 2012; “Optimizing Hematopathology Services in a Community Hospital Setting” (Poster No. 51) Joseph L; Ibrahim, S; Anamur M, Gryzenia, P , 2012) Abstracts and Case Studies From the College of American Pathologists 2012 Annual Meeting (CAP ’12). Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine: September 2012, Vol. 136, No. 9, pp. 1005-1162
- A second poster presented at the College of American Pathologists Annual Meeting, San Diego California, September 9-12, 2012. “Unusual Findings in a Knee Joint Treated With Hyaluronidase and Steroids” (Poster No. 70) Joseph L, Wu, H 2012) Abstracts and Case Studies From the College of American Pathologists 2012 Annual Meeting (CAP ’12). Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine: September 2012, Vol. 136, No. 9, pp. 1005-1162.
- Dr. Ivana Delalle will represent the Department of Pathology on a regular basis at a recently started conference series “Clinical Neuroscience Grand Rounds”
- Sudha Natarajan, Daniel G. Remick. ELISA Rescue Protocol: Recovery of Sample Concentrations from an Assay with an Unsuccessful Standard Curve. Methods
- Andrea Havasi, Joseph A. Haegele, Jonathan M. Gall, Sherry Blackmon, Takaharu Ichimura, Ramon G. Bonegio, Maria V. Panchenko. Histone Acetyl Transferase (HAT) HBO1 and JADE1 in Epithelial Cell Regeneration” Accepted for publication in the American Journal of Pathology
- Foy RL, Chitalia VC, Panchenko MV, Zeng L, Lopez D, Lee JW, Rana SV, Boletta A, Qian F, Tsiokas L, Piontek K, Germino GG, Zhou MI, Cohen HT: Polycystin-1 regulates the stability and ubiquitination of transcription factor Jade-1. Human Molecular Genetics 2012 (in press)
- Earl Gillespie a, Susan E. Leeman a, Luisa A. Watts d, Jennifer A. Coukos c, Michael J. O’Brien d, Sandra R. Cerda d, Francis A. Farraye c, Arthur F. Stucchi b. Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor-1 is Increased in Colonic Epithelial Cells from Patients with Colitis-Associated Cancer☆. Journal of Crohn’s and Colitis
- Tolga Sursal1*, Deborah J Stearns-Kurosawa2*, Kiyoshi Itagaki1, Sun-Young Oh2**, Shiqin Sun1**, Shinichiro Kurosawa2, Carl J Hauser1. Plasma Bacterial and Mitochondrial DNA Distinguish Bacterial Sepsis from Sterile SIRS and Quantify Inflammatory Tissue Injury in Nonhuman Primates. SHOCK in press
- Steven P. Treon, M.D., Ph.D., Lian Xu, M.S., Guang Yang, Ph.D., Yangsheng Zhou, M.D., Ph.D., Xia Liu, M.D., Yang Cao, M.D., Patricia Sheehy, N.P., Robert J. Manning, B.S., Christopher J. Patterson, M.A., Christina Tripsas, M.A., Luca Arcaini, M.D., Geraldine S. Pinkus, M.D., Scott J. Rodig, M.D., Ph.D., Aliyah R. Sohani, M.D., Nancy Lee Harris, M.D., ason M. Laramie, Ph.D., Donald A. Skifter, Ph.D., Stephen E. Lincoln, Ph.D., and Zachary R. Hunter, M.A. MYD88 L265P Somatic Mutation in Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia. The New England Journal of Medicine, med 367;9 nejm.826 org august 30, 2012
- Joseph L (Chapter 2, pages 31-44) Non-neoplastic disorders of platelets: in Nonneoplastic hematopathology and infections, Editors Cualing, Bhargava ans Sandin; Wiley-Blackwell 2012.