2:00-3:00 PM; Friday, December 4, 2015 “Neisseria gonorrhoeae Induces non-canonical Pyroptosis in Human...
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine News Items
- 34th Annual SHOCK Society Meeting 2011, June 11-14; Norfolk, Virginia
- David Stepien, 2nd year MD/PhD candidate in the Remick Lab will be presenting a poster Traumatic Brain Injury Impairs the Immune Response to Early Onset Pneumonia
- Kendra Iskander, Surgical Resident and Remick Lab member will be presenting orally at this year’s 34th Annual SHOCK Meeting. The title of her talk is “SHORTER DURATION OF POST-OPERATIVE ANTIBIOTICS IN PERITONITIS-INDUCED SEPSIS DOES NOT INCREASE INFLAMMATION OR MORTALITY”
- Catherine Valentine, MD will be giving an oral presentation at the shock meeting entitled ‘Costimulatory Expression Profiling in Septic Shock’
- Rituparna Moitra, 3rd year PhD candidate in the Remick Lab will give an Oral Presentation at SHOCK titled “PRE-EXISTING ANTIBODIES MEDIATE SEPSIS SURVIVAL”
- Rituparna Moitra, 3rd year PhD candidate in the Remick Lab received the following:
- Dr Moitra, It gives me great pleasure to inform you that you have been selected as a finalist for the New Investigator Award at the annual meeting of the Shock Society for your work titled ‘PRE-EXISTING ANTIBODIES MEDIATE SEPSIS SURVIVAL’. This comes with a $350 prize collected at the meeting. You will be presenting your paper in a session with 4 others, and the Awards Committee will select the best among these for the award. The Award will consist of listing the name of the winner with past luminaries in the Archives of the Society as well as a $600 check and winner’s plaque in lieu of the $350 finalist prize….
- The Kurosawa Lab has two abstracts accepted for the annual Shock Society meeting:
- DJ Stearns-Kurosawa, Valta Collins, Scott Freeman, Diann Henthorn, Shinichiro Kurosawa. “Rescue of nonhuman primates from lethal Shiga toxin-2 with a cell permeable peptide.” 34th Annual Conference on Shock, The Shock Society, Norfolk, Virginia, June 11 – 14, 2011.
- Sun-Young Oh, Danielle Day, DJ Stearns-Kurosawa, Shinichiro Kurosawa. “Shiga toxins trigger endoplasmic reticulum stress responses in human endothelial cells.” 34th Annual Conference on Shock, The Shock Society, Norfolk, Virginia, June 11 – 14, 2011
- Laboratory Medicine moved into it’s new facilities at 670 Albany Street – 7th floor on May 1st!
- Michael Roehrl, M.D., Ph.D., has been invited as a speaker at Institute for International Research’s 4th Annual Biorepositories Conference from September 19-21 in Boston, MA
- Jillian Richmond, PhD, successfully defended her thesis “Subversion of Host Immunity by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis: Inhibition of PI3K/AKT by Mannose Lipoarabinomannan Hinders Th1 cell Migration and Promotes Soluble TNF Receptor Production” on April 1st
- Patrick Tylek completed his Master’s thesis project in the Kurosawa Lab studying “”EGF Effects on Intestinal Epithelial Cells Against Shiga Toxin”
- Martin Kroll, MD gave a presentation entitled “Immunoassays on Architect Systems” at the Northeast Regional Medical Laboratory Conference in Boxborough, MA. on April 12, 2011
- Martin Kroll, MD also presented the poster: “The Spontaneous Vertical Movements Seen During Fixation Are Chaotic” MI Rosenberg, V Punia, R Bitra, M Kroll. 2538-A65at the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) 2010 Annual Meeting. May 2-6, 2010, Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, Florida
- Nancy S. Miller, MD has been elected to serve as a Local Councilor for the Northeast Branch of the American Society for Microbiology (NEB-ASM), for a 3-year term to start July 1, 2011
- Martin Steffen, MD had a paper accepted in Molecular Medicine; “Pre-stroke proteomic changes in cerebral microvessels in stroke-prone, transgenic[hCETP]-hyperlipidemic, Dahl salt-sensitive hypertensive rats”Agnes Bergerat, PhD, Julius Decano, MD,, Chang-Jiun Wu, PhD, Hyungwon Choi, PhD, Alexey Nesvizhskii, PhD, Ann Marie Moran, MS,, Nelson Ruiz-Opazo, PhD,, Martin Steffen, MD PhD*, Victoria L.M. Herrera, MD*
- Chief Resident, Dr. Marier Hernandez-Perez has a paper accepted for publication in the American Journal of Dermatopathology: Hernández-Pérez M and Mahalingam M. “MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES IN HEALTH AND DISEASE: Insights from Dermatopathology”
- The Kurosawa Lab has the following accepted for publication: Stearns-Kurosawa DJ, Collins V, Freeman S, Debord D, Nishikawa K, Oh S-Y, Leibowitz CS, Kurosawa S. “Rescue From Lethal Shiga Toxin 2-induced Renal Failure With A Cell-Permeable Peptide,” Pediatric Nephrology, 2011, in press
- The Remick Lab has an article accepted for publication: “Herbal Medicine Treatment Reduces Inflammation in a Murine Model of Cockroach Allergen-Induced Asthma;” Jiyoun Kim1PhD, Sudha Natarajan1 PhD, Hyunsu Bae2 MD, PhD, Sung-Ki Jung2 MD, PhD, William Cruikshank3 PhD and Daniel G Remick1 MD in the Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- Dr. Marier Hernandez-Perez current Chief Resident has a paper coming out in the May edition of the International Journal of Dermatology: Paniz-Mondolfi AE, Pérez-Alvarez AM, Lundberg U, Fornés L, Reyes-Jaimes O, Hernández-Pérez M, Hossler E. “Cutaneous lepidopterism: dermatitis from contact with moths of Hylesia metabus (Cramer 1775) (Lepidoptera: Saturniidae), the causative agent of caripito itch”. International Journal of Dermatology 2011 May;50(5):535-541
- Dr. Mary Jo Murnane has a paper is coming out in Human Pathology this month: Mary Jo Murnane, Ph.D.; Jinquo Cai, M.S.; Sania Shuja, M.D., Ph.D.; David McAneny, M.D.; John B Willett, Ph.D. Active MMP-2 Activity Discriminates Colonic Mucosa, Adenomas with and without High Grade Dysplasia and Cancers. Human Pathology 42:688-701, May 2011