The BMC/BU Medical Campus Research Professionals Network (RPN)
An important initiative and service of the Clinical & Translational Science Institute is the Research Professionals Network (RPN). Its overarching goal is to enhance the quality of human/clinical research at the BMC/BU Medical Campus by supporting the professional development of clinical research support staff. Some of the major objectives of the RPN are to:
- Provide professional development opportunities for research professionals through trainings, workshops, seminars, discussion groups, and other educational events
- Encourage mentoring and networking amongst research professionals within and outside of the BMC/BU Medical Campus research community
- Support an effective, efficient system to keep network members up to date on changing policies and regulations
- Increase awareness and communication of best practices and innovation to promote participant recruitment, retention, and satisfaction
- Maximize satisfaction and productivity of all members of the research team through sharing of resources
The RPN has a Leadership Committee with representatives from various research roles and major departments and offices at BMC/BU Medical Campus involved in the conduct, support, and regulation of human/clinical research. There will be an annual RPN meeting where members can interact and celebrate successes. An annual RPN member survey provides a dynamic needs assessment and metrics to help plan and evaluate RPN activities.
Membership in the RPN is open to all BMC/BU Medical Campus research personnel involved in coordinating clinical/human subjects research such as research managers, study/clinical/research coordinators, data managers/analysts, and research assistants.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the RPN please sign up here! If you have any questions please contact Mary-Tara Roth at email@example.com.
|The Clinical Research Resources Office receives major funding support from the Boston University Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI). The BU-CTSI is an NIH center of expertise, providing tools, services and resources to clinical investigators, maximizing the impact of discoveries & speeding the translation of research into improved patient care. Please cite the BU-CTSI grant number in relevant publications (1UL1TR001430).|