Seminar Series: Spring 2016 ~~ Friday, April 29, 2016 2:00-3:00 PM ...
- 2011 MD, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, MI.
- 2007 MPH, Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI
- 2005 BS, Biology, University of Richmond, Richmond, VA.
- 2005 Collegiate Professional Teaching License, Secondary Education, University of Richmond, Richmond, VA.
Research Fellowship in Health Disparities, Pediatrics Department, Boston Medical Center, September 2011through July 2012
- Analyzed and mapped trends in cardiovascular health disparities within Boston Medical Center and surrounding community health centers using the program Integrating Biology from Bench to Bedside (i2b2) and mapping programs such as Health Landscapes
- Completed and organized a literature review on sickle cell disease and pain management therapies.
Research Technician Associate, Scleroderma Program, Internal Medicine-Rheumatology, University of Michigan; April 2008 through August 2011
• Coordinated and managed clinical research studies, wrote IRB proposals for numerous studies, assisted in writing research protocols, analyzed study data, assisted in manuscript and grant writing.
International Research–Guatemala, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Department of Global Health. January 2010-March 2010
- Worked in Guatemala developing a research protocol to examine the relationship between corn consumption (specifically exposure to the corn toxin Fumonisin B1) and neural tube defects. Additionally studied Spanish and attained an intermediate level of proficiency.
Graduate Student Instructor, Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology Department, University of Michigan; January 2007 to April 2007
- Taught a 300 level undergraduate genetics lab focusing on analyzing patterns of inheritance, gene interaction, linkage relationships, genetic mapping, PCR, DNA fingerprinting, and bioinformatics. Responsibilities included lab preparation, writing lesson plans, office hours, teaching, and grading. Merit based position included full tuition waiver, stipend, and benefits from the University.
Research Technician Associate, Internal Medicine-Rheumatology, University of Michigan; September 2005 to August 2007
- Coordinated clinical research studies and education sessions, tested research participants, learned basic clinical skills, processed samples and data, interviewed patients in studies examining the effect of exercise and sleep on chronic pain, and the clinical and economic outcome of education in patients with chronic pain.
PUBLISHED PAPERS, ABSTRACTS, AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Cathryn Byrne-Dugan, Pooja Deb, Haritha Reddy, Vickie Mello. Barriers to smoking cessation among pregnant women in Flint, MI. Panelist and presenter. University of Michigan: Interdisciplinary Conference on Poverty and Inequality. March 25, 2011.
- Phillips K, Byrne-Dugan C, Batterson E, Seibold JR. Rapidly progressive fatal interstitial lung disease in a patient with systemic sclerosis. Nature Reviews Rheumatology. 2009 April;5(4):225-8.
- Cathryn Byrne-Dugan, Elena Schiopu, Ann J. Impens, James R. Seibold and Kristine Phillips, Prognostic Role of ECG in Pulmonary Hypertension Associated with Systemic Sclerosis (SSc). Arthritis and Rheumatism Abstract Supplement October 2009.
- Jennifer M. Glass, Jacob N. Ablin, Angela K. Lyden, Cathryn Byrne-Dugan, Kirsten Ambrose, David A. Williams, and Daniel Clauw. Women Are More Susceptible to Increased Symptoms of Pain, Fatigue, Negative Mood, and Cognitive Dysfunction After Exercise and Sleep Restriction. Arthritis and Rheumatism Abstract Supplement October 2009. * Awarded Notable Poster, by ACR for poster session.
- J.M. Glass, A.K. Lyden, C.J. Byrne-Dugan, K.H. Groner, K.R. Ambrose,P.J. Grace, and D.A. Williams. Effects of Sleep Restriction and Exercise Deprivation on Mood, Pain, Fatigue, Somatic Symptoms and Cognition in Healthy Adults. Arthritis and Rheumatism Abstract Supplement October 2007.
- J.M. Glass, A.K. Lyden, C.J. Byrne-Dugan, K.H. Groner, K.R. Ambrose, R.H. Gracely, Pierre Fabre, and D.A. Williams. Baseline Heart Rate Variability Predicts Changes in Pain and Cognition, but not Mood or Fatigue after Exercise and Sleep Restriction. Arthritis and Rheumatism October 2007.
- Dadabhoy D, Xu X, Byrne-Dugan CJ, Groner K, Leone V, Scott Ransom, David A. Williams, Daniel J. Clauw. (2006). New Cost-Effective Care Model for Fibromyalgia Patients. Poster presented at the Agency for Health Care Research and Quality Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Glass JM, Lyden AK, Byrne-Dugan CJ, Gupta AK, Renard BM, Ambrose KR, Groner KH, As-Sanie A, Dadabhoy D, Williams DA, Clauw DJ (2006). Increased Symptoms of Pain, Fatigue, Cognitive Problems and Negative Mood after Exercise Deprivation and Sleep Restriction are Predicted By Baseline Autonomic and HPA Function. Arthritis and Rheumatism Abstract Supplement October 2006.
- Lyden AK, Glass JM, Byrne-Dugan CJ, Gupta AK, Renard BM, Ambrose KR, Groner KH, As-Sanie A, Dadabhoy D, Williams DA, Clauw DJ (2006) Pain and Fatigue Symptoms in Healthy Individuals after Sleep and/or Exercise Restriction. Arthritis and Rheumatism abstract supplement October 2006.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2011-2012 American College of Rheumatology REF/Abbott Medical Student Clinical Preceptorship Award
- Featured in Michigan State University’s MD Magazine: “CHM Student Researching Link between NTDs and Corn Toxins” 2010 Summer/Fall; 30(2): 20.
- Michigan State University Research Enhancement Award, January 2010
- Whittier Endowed International Health Scholarship, January 2010
- American College of Rheumatology REF/Abbott Medical Student Achievement Award, October 2009
- Genetics Internship Funding Award: University of Michigan School of Public Health, May 2007
- Golden Key International Honor Society: University of Richmond, May 2005
- Beta Beta Beta Biology Honor Society: University of Richmond, May 2005
- Phi Delta Kappa Education Honor Society: University of Richmond, May 2005
- Dean’s List 2002-2005 all semesters: University of Richmond