BUSM Pathology & Laboratory Medicine Dissertation Defense Seminar Thursday, July 30th, 2015; 11:00 AM 670 Albany Street...
John Meyers, PhD
- 2010 PhD Program – Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
Dr. Adam Lerner Lab – Advisor:
Thesis Title: Unique Cyclic Nucleotide Signaling in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Represents a Potential Novel Therapeutic Target.
- 2005: M.A. – Boston University School of Medicine
Thesis Title: The Effects of Continuous Type I Interferon Exposure On T Helper Cell Responses
- 2002: A.B. Biochemistry with Honors; Minor, Computer Scienc
Thesis Title: The Immunology of Natural Parasite Resistance in Sheep: An Honors Paper for the Program of Biochemistry
Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
- Meyers JA, Su DW, Lerner A. CLL, B and T cells differ in their response to cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase inhibitors. J. Immunol.; 2009; 182: 5400 – 5411
- Meyers JA, Taverna J, Chaves J, Makkinje A, Lerner A. PDE4 inhibitors augment levels of glucocorticoid receptor in B cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia but not in normal circulating hematopoietic cells. Clin. Cancer Res.; 2007: 13:4920-4927
- Mineva ND, Rothstein TL, Meyers JA, Lerner A, Sonenshein GE. CD40 ligand mediated activation of the de novo RelB NF-kappa B synthesis pathway in transformed B cells promotes rescue from apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2007.
- Everett PC, Meyers JA, Makkinje A, Rabbi M, Lerner A. Preclinical assessment of curcumin as a potential therapy for B-CLL. Am J Hematol. 2007;82:23-30.
- Alyson J. Mangini, John A. Meyers, Taro Nagai, Gijs van Seventer, and Jean Maguire van Seventer. Type I interferon regulation of Th cell responses in SLE. J. Immunol., 2007; 178: B84
- Meyers JA, Mangini AJ, Nagai T, et al. Blockade of TLR9 agonist-induced type I interferons promotes inflammatory cytokine IFN-gamma and IL-17 secretion by activated human PBMC. Cytokine. 2006;35:235-246.
- Ronald L. Christensen, Arij Faksh, John A. Meyers, Ifor D. W. Samuel, Phillip Wood, Richard R. Schrock, and Kai C. Hultzsch. Optical Spectroscopy of Long Polyenes. J. Phys. Chem. A; 2004; 108(40) pp 8229 – 8236
- American Association of Immunologists (AAI)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Predoctoral Trainee 2006-2009
Hematology Training Program (NIH Grant #T32 HL007501)
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston MA
Adam Lerner MD, Program Director
- Henry I. Russek Student Achievement Award
First Prize 2009
Division of Graduate Medical Sciences
Boston University School of Medicine