Grace (Qing) Zhao, MD, PhD
Academic Title – Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Telephone – Office (617) 414-5339
- Email – email@example.com
- Norman Bethune University of Medical Science, China – MD, 1990
- Norman Bethune University of Medical Science, China – MS, 1993
- McGill University, Montreal, Canada – PhD, 2000
- The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston – Residency, 2010
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center – Surgical Pathology Fellowship, 2011
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center – GI and Liver Pathology Fellowship, 2012
- Dana Farber Cancer Institution, Harvard Medical School – Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in David Rowitch’s Laboratory
- Pathological assessment in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma who received neoadjuvant therapy
- Loss of protein expression of ATRX/Daxx in gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumor
- Developmental pathways and their aberrant expression in tumor development. For example, the Sonic Hedgehog and Wnt signaling in pancreatic and colonic cancers
- Necroptosis and their roles in cancer development.
- Wang H., Zhao Q., Pathologic complete response to neoadjuvant therapy in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma is associated with better prognosis. Annals Diagnostic Pathology. 2012 May 4 (Epub ahead of print] No abstract available.
- Zhao Q, Rashid A, Gong Y, Katz M, Lee, JE, Wolf R, Balachandran A, Varadhachary G, Pisters PW, Wang H, Gomez HF, Abbruzzese JL, Fleming JB, Wang H. Pathologic complete response to neoadjuvant therapy in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma is associated with better prognosis. Annals of Diagnostic Pathology, 2012 Jan; 16 (1):29-37 (Epub 2011 Nov 3).
- Schuller U, Zhao Q, Godinho SA, Heine VM, Medema RH, Pellman D, Rowitch DH. Forkhead transcription factor FoxM1 regulates mitotic entry and prevents spindle defects in cerebellar granule neuron precursors. Molecular and Cellular Biology, 2007 Dec; 27(23):8259-70. (This work was equally contributed by the first two authors).
- Schuller U, Kho A., Zhao Q, Qiufu M., Rowitch DH. Cerebellar ‘transcriptome’ reveals cell-type and stage-specific expression during postnatal development and tumorigenesis. Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, 2006 Nov; 33(3):247-59.
- Gray PA, Fu H, Luo P, Zhao Q, Yu J, Ferrari A, Tenzen T, Yuk DI, Tsung EF, Cai Z, Alberta JA, Cheng LP, Liu Y, Stenman JM, Valerius MT, Billings N, Kim HA, Greenberg ME, McMahon AP, Rowitch DH, Stiles CD, Ma Q. Mouse brain organization revealed through direct genome-scale TF expression analysis. Science, 2004 Dec 24; 306 (5705): 2255-7.
- Kho AT, Zhao Q, Cai Z, Butte AJ, Kim JY, Pmeroy SL, Rowitch DH, Kohane IS. Conserved mechanisms across development and tomorigenesis revealed by a mouse development perspective of human cancers. Genes and Development, 2004 Mar 15; 18(6):629-40 (This work was equally contributed by the first two authors).
- Zhao Q, Kho A, Kenney AM, Yuk D, Kohane IS, Rowitch DH. High-yield prediction of temporal-spatial gene expression pattern in the developing nervous system. Proceedings of National Academic of Sciences USA, 2002 99(8); 5704-5709.
- Lin H, Keriel A, Morales CR, Bedard N, Zhao Q, Hingamp P, Lefrancois S, Combaret L, Wing SS. Divergent N-terminal sequences target an inducible testis deubiquitinating enzyme to distinct subcellular structures. Molecular and Cellular Biology, 2000 Sep 1; 20 (17): 6568-6578.
- Morales CR, Zhao Q, El-Alfy M and Suzuki K. Targeted disruption of the mouse prosaposin gene affects the development of the prostate gland and other male reproductive organs. Journal of Andrology, 2000 21(6): 765-775.
- Zhao Q, Morales CR. Identification of a Novel Sequence Involved in Lysosomal Sorting of the Sphingolipid Activator Protein Prosaposin. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2000 Aug 11; 275(32): 24829-24839.
- Zhao Q, Bell AW, El-Alfy M, and Morales CR. Mouse testicular glycoprotein-1 sequence analysis of the common backbone structure of prosaposin. Journal of Andrology, 1998 19(2): 164-174.
- Zhao Q, Hay N, and Morales CR. Structural analysis of the mouse prosaposin (SGP-1) gene reveals the presence of an exon that is alternatively spliced in transcribed mRNA. Molecular Reproduction and Development, 1997 48:1-8.