Antonio de las Morenas, M.D., Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine has...
- September 2009- Current: PhD Program – Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- Dr. Joel Henderson Lab – Advisor
- 2007: Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, (KNUST);
Ghana; Department of Biochemisty (BSc Biochemistry)
People with African ancestry suffer from kidney failure at high rates compared with individuals without African ancestry. Variations in genes particularly on chromosome 22 have been found to be associated with nondiabetic nephropathy in African Americans. In a broad sense, I am interested in identifying the potential roles of these gene variants (MYH9, APOL-1), using cellular and animal models, in the pathogenesis of kidney diseases.
- A truncated form of SIMPL binds preferentially to p105 leading to anti-inflammatory action of NF-kB, Second Ghana Biomedical Convention 2009
- American Society of Nephrology
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- 2007; 1st class honors, BSc Biochemistry, KNUST, Ghana
- 2007 Deans Honor List: KNUST, Ghana
- Playing piano
- Volley ball