John McCahan Medical Campus Education Day
Thursday May 22, 2014
Key Note Speaker: Carole Pfeiffer, Ph.D.
University of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. John McCahan served as the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at Boston University School of Medicine from 1976 until June 1, 2006. His commitment to medical education over his many years of serve was exceptional.
BUMC faculty, fellows, residents, students and staff who are interested in educational innovations and scholarship are cordially invited to this interactive event. All are invited to participate!
Projects that have been presented in the past include:
- Promoting deep learning in a student centered classroom: A case study for Public Health
- Teaching motivational interviewing in an ambulatory medicine clerkship
- Assessment of a peer teaching model in Yemen
- The effect of faculty presence vs. absence on small-group learning and group dynamics
- Oral disease – Educational strategies to address a significant health issue in children
- Evaluating Medical Students’ Oral Case Presentations During A Pediatric Clerkship Improves Their Subsequent Presentations: Results Of A Multi-Center Randomized Controlled Trial
- Single Center Simulation-Based Training of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for Internal Medicine Residents
- BUSM SNAP Challenge: An Exercise To Raise Awareness Of The Struggles And Challenges That Disadvantaged Patients Face With Regard To Food Insecurity
Past workshops include:
- Designing for reflective learning: why, when and how
Victoria Parker, Ed.M.
- Flipping the Classroom in Anatomy
Kit Shaffer, M.D., Trevor Morrison, M.D., Rahul Arya, M.D., Ann Zumwalt, Ph.D.
- How to get critical buy-in to move your educational projects forward
David Keegan, M.D.
- Enhancing Student Engagement Outside the Classroom Using AdobeConnect
Jean Maguire van Seventer, V.M.D., James Feeney, M.P.H., Liam Hunt
- Evidence-Based Practice Makes Perfect! Incorporating EBP Skills into Health
Sciences Education . A’Llyn Ettien, M.L.I.S. and David Flynn, M.S.
Contact Liza Young in the Office of Academic Affairs at email@example.com for more information.