B SMART (Boston Sustainable Models for unhealthy Alcohol use ReducTion) Program
B SMART is a CDC-funded program aimed to prevent fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs) by providing tailored education and technical assistance to Boston HealthNet Patient Care Teams (Boston Medical Center & 14 Community Health Centers).
What We Offer:
Education & Technical Assistance
- Trainings will provide up-to-date information about FASDs and skills in substance use screening, brief intervention and referral to treatment (SBIRT) including motivational interviewing (MI) techniques.
- Online and hardcopy FASD & SBIRT resources for providers, patients and clinic administrators.
Reporting and Data
- Real-time virtual feedback on provider training, SBIRT implementation and FASD prevention metrics.
- Robust process and outcome evaluation based on a mixed-methods approach
Funding Source: Funding provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, cooperative agreement number NU84DD000002
- Medical Director Daniel P. Alford, MD, MPH
- Program Director Jacqueline German, MPH
- Program Evaluator Jacey A. Greece, DSc, MPH
- Program Coordinator Candice Bangham, MPH
Contact Person: Jacqueline German, MPH