Publications & Presentations
For full list of publications see here.
- Peer delivery of a brief cognitive-behavioral treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder: A hybrid effectiveness-implementation pilot study. J Clin Psychol. 2020 Jul 6;. doi: 10.1002/jclp.23020. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 32632945; NIHMSID:NIHMS1617960.
- Improving affirming care for sexual and gender minority veterans. Psychol Serv. 2019 Jul 25;. doi: 10.1037/ser0000378. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 31343189; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6980924.
- Gender differences in exposure to potentially traumatic events and diagnosis of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) by racial and ethnic group. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2019 Nov – Dec;61:60-68. doi: 10.1016/j.genhosppsych.2019.10.008. Epub 2019 Oct 23. PubMed PMID: 31715388; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6870874.
- A systematic review of social stress and mental health among transgender and gender non-conforming people in the United States. Clin Psychol Rev. 2018 Dec;66:24-38. doi: 10.1016/j.cpr.2018.03.003. Epub 2018 Mar 28. PubMed PMID: 29627104; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6663089.
- An evidence-based approach to conceptualizing trauma responses among transgender and gender non-conforming (TGNC) adults . In: The Handbook of Evidence-based Mental Health Practice with LGBT Clients. Safren SA, Pachankis J, editors. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press; 2018.
- Valentine SE. A community–engaged approach to tailoring an evidence–based posttraumatic stress disorder intervention for peer delivery. Boston Medical Center Psychiatry Grand Rounds; October, 2020; Boston, MA.
- Smith AM, Valentine SE. Findings from a pilot study of a peer-delivered manualized treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD): An implementation blueprint for ensuring fidelity and competency, and improving client retention. In S. E. Valentine (Chair), Building an evidence base for the role of peer specialists in delivering behavioral health interventions: Client, provider, and organizational perspectives. Symposium submitted to: AcademyHealth 2020 Annual Research Meeting; June, 2020; Boston, MA.
- Valentine SE, Smith AM, Vo L, Stewart K. Feasibility of a brief peer-delivered cognitive behavioral therapy intervention for posttraumatic stress disorder. In J. F. Magidson (Chair), Lessons learned from peer- and lay health worker-delivered evidence-based interventions in underserved settings locally and globally. Symposium conducted at: Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies; November, 2019; Atlanta, GA.