Recognition for Excellence
The Section of Geriatrics faculty and programs are recognized for excellence at the national level. The section has received many grants and awards in recognition of this excellence.
John A. Hartford Foundation Grant
In 1998, the Section of Geriatrics at Boston University School of Medicine became a Center of Excellence in Geriatrics (COE) funded by the John A. Hartford Foundation. The purpose of this yearlong faculty development program is to attract additional outstanding physicians to careers as geriatrically oriented faculty, whatever their disciplines.
Excellence in Teaching
- 2019 – Clinical Excellence, Department of Medicine: Won Lee, MD
- 2018 – Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine, Arnold P. Gold Foundation: Ryan Chippendale, MD
- 2017 – Clinical Excellence, Department of Medicine: Heidi Auerbach, MD
- 2017 – Junior Faculty Mentoring, Department of Medicine: Ryan Chippendale, MD
- 2016 – Joseph T. Freeman Award, Gerontological Society of America: Thomas Perls, MD, MPH, FACP