Dear DoM Faculty Researchers:
As follow up to the initial meeting related to developing a DoM Researchers Forum to facilitate collaboration, communication and a sense of community among scientists, we offer our assistance in establishing the leadership and organizing group. We envision a small organizing committee of 4-8 members representative of basic and clinical scientists, including two leaders that could rotate periodically (to be determined) among the members.
The first in-person meeting of the planning committee, held on Tues, October 18 at 1pm, will be followed by a virtual meeting on Thurs, December 8 at 3pm. All are welcome to participate. Please watch for upcoming announcements that will include the Zoom link.
March 30, 2023: RSVP here for this in-person meeting, 2-4pm, seminar room X715 (650 Albany St)
Welcome Note and Agenda
- Collaboration, catalyzing new ideas
- Foster interactions with centers, groups, innovative programs
- Reorganizing, how link methods orphans across divisions
- Community engagement for translational research
- Building community
- Infrastructure needs (examples)
- Post award support
- Library access
- Technology and biosafety improvements
- What’s missing?
- How do we make things better?
- How do we bring people to the table?
- How do we prioritize or champion particular ideas?
- What is the extent of funding and how is it utilized?