Dear DoM Faculty Researchers:
The Evans Center for Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research (ECIBR) is actively facilitating the development of a DoM Researchers Forum to facilitate collaboration, communication and a sense of community among scientists. We offer our assistance in establishing the leadership and organizing group, and envision a small organizing committee of 4-8 members representative of basic and clinical scientists, including two leaders that could rotate periodically (to be determined) among the members.
The first in-person meeting of the planning committee, held on Tues, October 18 at 1pm, was followed by a virtual meeting on Thurs, December 8 at 3pm. Meetings will continue, 2 per year, as called by the leadership.
All DoM Faculty are welcome to participate. Please watch for upcoming announcements that will include either room location or the Zoom link.
September 27, 2023 | 9:30am – 10:30am | 650 Albany St, room X-715
Continental breakfast options will be available
1. Researchers Forum group logistics (10 minutes): goals of these meetings and ways to increase communication among members
2. Discussion on top 3 challenges the group wants to champion this year (selected from prior meetings list) (20 minutes)
3. Research infrastructure update (15 minutes): brief presentation from spatial transcriptomics expert Ruben Dries
4. Discussion on Researchers Forum Retreat (15 minutes)
June 22, 2023 | 2pm | virtual
- Allan Walkey new position at UMass, leaving researchers forum leadership
- What do we want from the researchers forum—reflections on conversation from past year
- Most urgent issues to prioritize
- How integrate with BMC CSO activities
- Feedback on DOM researchers retreat concept
- Time of year
- Who should attend
- Interest in volunteers to organize and lead event?
March 30, 2023 | 2-4pm | seminar room X715 (650 Albany St)
Welcome Note and Agenda
Please join us for the DOM Researchers Forum!
- Collaboration, catalyzing new ideas
- Foster interactions with centers, groups, innovative programs
- Reorganizing, how link methods orphans across divisions
- Community engagement for translational research
- Building community
- Infrastructure needs (examples)
- Post award support
- Library access
- Technology and biosafety improvements
- What’s missing?
- How do we make things better?
- How do we bring people to the table?
- How do we prioritize or champion particular ideas?
- What is the extent of funding and how is it utilized?