Jag Bhawan, MD
Professor of Dermatology and Pathology
Head of the Dermatopathology Section
Vice-Chair, Department of Dermatology
Boston University School of Medicine
Program Director, Dermatopathology Fellowship Program
Boston University School of Medicine, Dept of Dermatology
609 Albany Street, J-309, Boston, MA 02118
|1963||Pre-Medical||Kirorimal College, University of Delhi, India|
|1968||MBBS||Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi, India|
|1972||MD||Doctor of Medicine in Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India|
|1973-1975||Residency & Fellowship||St. Vincent Hospital, Worcester, MA (Residency in Pathology, Fellowship in Dermatopathology)|
|1981-1983||Residency||Dermatology, Boston University/Tufts University, Boston, MA|
Clinical Specialties and Research Interests
- Wound Healing
- Disorder of Pigmentation
- Cutaneous neves in health and Disease
2009: Member of The Chester S. Keefer, MD Society, BUSM
2008: Founders award, American Society of Dermatopathology
2006: Walter Nickel award for Excellence in teaching of Dermatopathology, American Society of Dermatopathology
2001-2: President, American Society of Dermatopathology
1998: Teacher of the Year award from the dermatology residents of the combined Boston-Tufts Universities Dermatology program.
1. Aung P, Burns S, Bhawan J. Lichen Aureus: an unusual histopathological presentation: A case report and a review of literature. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014; 36:e1-e4.
2. Succaria F, Radfar A, Bhawan J. Merkel cell carcinoma mimicking basal cell carcinoma with review of different histopathologic features. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014; 36:160-166.
3. Sethi M, Craythorne E, Al-Arashi MY, Bhawan J, Stefanato CM. Macromelanosomes: their significantly greater presence in the margins of a lentigo maligna versus solar lentigo. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014; 36:490-2.
4. Perez T, Kisel Y, Chang KH, Bhawan J. Morphea and its variants and the “floating sign” – an additional finding in morphea. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014; 36:500-5.
5. Abbas O, Bhawan J. Sclerosing disorders of the skin: An overview with focus on histopathological features. Am J Dermatopathol. In Press.
6. Hoyt B, Bhawan J. Histologic spectrum of cutaneous herpes infections. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014: In Press.
7. Ramaswamy P, Powers JG, Bhawan J, Poliak I, Gilchrest BA. Effective blue light photodynamic therapy does not effect cutaneous Langherans cell number of oxidatively damage DNA. J Dermatol Surg. 2014: In Press.