Jag Bhawan, MD
Professor of Dermatology and Pathology, Vice-Chair of the Department of Dermatology, Head of the Dermatopathology Section
- Title Professor of Dermatology and Pathology,
Vice-Chair of the Department of Dermatology,
Head of the Dermatopathology Section
- Office 609 Albany Street, J-309, Boston, MA 02118
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 617.358.9740
2009: Member of The Chester S. Keefer, MD Society, BUSM
2008: Founders award, American Society of Dermatopathology
2006: Walter Nickel award for Excellence in teaching of Dermatopathology, American Society of Dermatopathology
2001-2: President, American Society of Dermatopathology
1998: Teacher of the Year award from the dermatology residents of the combined Boston-Tufts Universities Dermatology program.
1963 Pre-Medical Kirorimal College, University of Delhi, India
1968 MBBS Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi, India
1972 MD Doctor of Medicine in Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
1973-1975 Residency & Fellowship St. Vincent Hospital, Worcester, MA (Residency in Pathology, Fellowship in Dermatopathology)
1981-1983 Residency Dermatology, Boston University/Tufts University, Boston, MA
Clinical Specialties and Research Interests
- Wound Healing
- Disorder of Pigmentation
- Cutaneous neves in health and Disease
1. Aung P, Burns S, Bhawan J. Lichen Aureus: an unusual histopathological presentation: A case report and a review of literature. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014; 36:e1-e4.
2. Succaria F, Radfar A, Bhawan J. Merkel cell carcinoma mimicking basal cell carcinoma with review of different histopathologic features. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014; 36:160-166.
3. Sethi M, Craythorne E, Al-Arashi MY, Bhawan J, Stefanato CM. Macromelanosomes: their significantly greater presence in the margins of a lentigo maligna versus solar lentigo. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014; 36:490-2.
4. Perez T, Kisel Y, Chang KH, Bhawan J. Morphea and its variants and the “floating sign” – an additional finding in morphea. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014; 36:500-5.
5. Abbas O, Bhawan J. Sclerosing disorders of the skin: An overview with focus on histopathological features. Am J Dermatopathol. In Press.
6. Hoyt B, Bhawan J. Histologic spectrum of cutaneous herpes infections. Am J Dermatopathol. 2014: In Press.
7. Ramaswamy P, Powers JG, Bhawan J, Poliak I, Gilchrest BA. Effective blue light photodynamic therapy does not effect cutaneous Langherans cell number of oxidatively damage DNA. J Dermatol Surg. 2014: In Press.