SummerLab will return in 2023!
We are pleased to announce that the SummerLab laboratory at Boston University will be undergoing renovations. Consequently, we are currently in the process of securing alternate labs on campus for SummerLab 2023. We will be accepting applications when we have confirmation of the laboratory space. Thank you for your patience!
If you want us to notify you when registration information is posted, please fill out this form or email us at email@example.com.
Created in 1996, the summer program provides an opportunity for students to develop a deeper understanding of basic techniques and concepts related to DNA science. While working in teams, the students assume the role of a biotechnology company and work together to design and carry out an investigation to solve problems in biotechnology.
The CityLab Biotechnology SummerLab provides students with a hands-on experience and the freedom to design and plan their own experiments, while providing the support to help them learn from their mistakes. Students work cooperatively with the guidance of CityLab educators to learn concepts and skills associated with biotechnology and to think scientifically and creatively in the context of authentic laboratory challenges.
The CityLab Biotechnology SummerLab provides:
- An authentic hands-on laboratory experience in biotechnology
- Freedom to design and plan experiments
- Support to learn from mistakes
- Pertinent readings to prepare for the investigations
- Laboratory time to apply the techniques and concepts of biotechnology in a problem-based, authentic setting
- An opportunity for students to communicate their findings during a poster session