The Center for Immunobiology will enhance the strength and scope of basic immunological research at BU/BMC and foster new interdisciplinary research efforts between basic immunologists, translational scientists and clinicians with diverse disease-oriented backgrounds, thereby supporting the growth of a thriving immunological community.
- Establish a specialized center for immunobiology research at BU/BMC, promoting interaction and collaboration between basic and translational scientists focused on the biology of immunity and immune-mediated diseases.
- Support the Immunology Training Program in the training of graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in immunobiology.
- Integrate basic immunology findings with translational research efforts to accelerate development of new therapies for infections, autoimmune diseases, and cancer.
- Assist in the recruitment of outstanding immunobiology researchers to Boston University.
- Sponsor and coordinate immunobiology interdepartmental activities, including journal clubs, a seminar series and a yearly retreat.