BUSM Pathology & Laboratory Medicine Dissertation Defense Seminar Thursday, July 30th, 2015; 11:00 AM 670 Albany Street...
Daniel Remick M.D. Chair
Welcome to the Pathology website at Boston University School of Medicine!
Pathology, the study of disease, integrates all aspects of biomedical science to further the understanding of disease processes and develop methods for diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of disease. This department focuses particularly on the biology, and immunology of cancer, and on neurologic disorders. It offers multiple research and training opportunities in experimental and applied pathology, and has a diverse faculty composed of core and joint members.
Training programs offered by the department include:
- Graduate Programs for Ph.D. and M.D./Ph.D students, with training opportunities in several tracks:
Experimental Pathology, Interdepartmental Pathology-Immunology, Interdepartmental Pathology-Cell and Molecular Biology, and Pathology-Neuroscience.
- Pathology Residency Program with training opportunities in clinical and anatomic pathology, and fellowship training in subspecialties, both centered in the Division of Pathology, Boston Medical Center
- Master of Arts Degree. The Master of Arts in Pathology Program focuses on the basic science and laboratory techniques of pathology and related disciplines.
Our department is committed to providing excellence in diagnostic pathology, in biomedical research, and in graduate and medical education.
- School of Medicine: 617-638-4500
- BMC: Anatomic Pathology: 617-638-6990, 617-414-5310
- Laboratory Medicine/Clinical Pathology: 617-638-7800
- Graduate Studies: 617-414-7914 (Deb Kiley)
- Residency: 617-414-5314 (Mark Uva, Residency Program Coordinator)