Lynne J. Goldberg, MD
Professor, Department of Dermatology and
Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine
Director, Hair Clinic
To Schedule An Appointment: 617-638-7420
Shapiro Ambulatory Care Center
725 Albany Street, Suite 8B, Boston, MA 02118
Boston University School of Medicine, Dept of Dermatology
609 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118
|1982||BS||Harpur College, State University of NY at Binghamton, Binghamton, NY|
|1986||MD||Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY|
|1986-1989||Residency||Internal Medicine, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY|
|1989-1992||Residency||Dermatology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY|
|1992-1994||Fellowship||Dermatopathology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA|
Clinical Specialties and Research Interests
Following graduation Phi Beta Kappa from SUNY Binghamton and Alpha Omega Alpha from Downstate Medical Center, Dr. Goldberg completed residencies in Internal Medicine and Dermatology. She then moved to Boston to train in Dermatopathology, and subsequently joined the faculty of Boston University School of Medicine. Dr. Goldberg splits her time between the practices of clinical dermatology and dermatopathology. She is an avid lecturer, mentor and teacher, and has been awarded Teacher of the Year for the combined BU/Tufts Dermatology Residency Training Program in both 2003-4 and again in 2009-10. Dr. Goldberg is triple board certified in Internal Medicine, Dermatology and Dermatopathology, and directs the Hair Clinic at Boston Medical Center. She specializes in the histologic diagnosis and clinical care of patients with alopecia.
- Goldberg LJ. Approach to the patient with alopecia. In Hair and Scalp Diseases: Guide to Medical and Non-Medical Management. Amy McMichael, MD and Maria Hordinsky, MD, eds. Informa Healthcare, NY, NY, 2008.
- Goldberg, LJ. Cicatricial marginal alopecia: Is it all traction? Br J Dermatol 2009;160(1):62-68.
- Chang KH, Rojhirunsakool S, Goldberg LJ. Treatment of Severe Alopecia Areata with Intralesional Steroid Injections. J Drugs Dermatol 2009;8(10):909-12.
- Pongpudpunth, M, Demierre MF, Goldberg LJ. A case report of inflammatory nonscarring alopecia associated with the epidermal growth factor inhibitor erlotinib. J Cutan Pathol 2009;36:1303-7.
- Silva CY, Lenzy YM, Goldberg LJ. Temporal triangular alopecia with decreased follicular density. J Cutan Pathol 2010;37(5):597-9.
- Tallon B, Blanchard E, Goldberg, LJ. Permanent chemotherapy induced alopecia: Case report and review. J Am Acad Dermatol, Accepted for publication; Epublished 5/10
- Goldberg LJ and Lenzy Y. Nutrition and Hair. Clin in Dermatol. Grant-Kels J, ed. 2010. Clin Dermatol. 28(4):412-419.