Jag Bhawan, MD
Professor of Dermatology and Pathology
Head of the Dermatopathology Section
Vice-Chair, Department of Dermatology
Boston University School of Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine, Dept of Dermatology
609 Albany Street, J-309 Boston, MA 02118
Office: 617.638.5570 Fax: 617.638.5575
|1963||Pre-Medical||Kirorimal College, University of Delhi, India|
|1968||MBBS||Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi, India|
|1972||MD||Doctor of Medicine in Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India|
|1973-1975||Residency & Fellowship||St. Vincent Hospital, Worcester, MA (Residency in Pathology, Fellowship in Dermatopathology)|
|1981-1983||Residency||Dermatology, Boston University/Tufts University, Boston, MA|
Clinical Specialties and Research Interests
- Wound Healing
- Disorder of Pigmentation
- Cutaneous neves in health and Disease
2009: Member of The Chester S. Keefer, MD Society, BUSM
2008: Founders award, American Society of Dermatopathology
2006: Walter Nickel award for Excellence in teaching of Dermatopathology, American Society of Dermatopathology
2001-2: President, American Society of Dermatopathology
1998: Teacher of the Year award from the dermatology residents of the combined Boston-Tufts Universities Dermatology program.
- Bhawan J, Wolff SM, Ucci AA, Bhan AK, Malignant lymphoma and malignant angioendotheliomatosis: one disease. Cancer 1985; 55:570-576.
- Kanik AB, Yaar M, Bhawan J. p75 nerve growth factor receptor staining helps identify desmoplastic and neurotropic melanoma. J Cutan Pathol 1996; 23 (3):205-210.
- Bhawan J. Short-and long-term histologic effects of topical tretinoin on photodamaged skin. Int J Dermatol 1998; 37 (4): 286-292.
- Bhawan J, Grimes P, Pandya A, Keady M, Byers H, Guevara I, Colon L, Johnson L, Gottschalk R. A Histological Examination for Skin Atrophy After 6 Months of Treatment With Fluocinolone Acetonide 0.06% Hydroquinone 4%, and Tretinoin 6.06% Cream. Am J Dermatopahtol. 2009; 8:794-798.
- Novak P, Marya NB, Whren K, Bhawan J. Dermal Sheet Preparations in the Evaluation of dermal innervation in Parkinson’s disease and multiple system atrophy. J Cutan Pathol. 2009; 36: 296-301.
- Gomaa AHA, Yaar, Bhawan J. Cutaneous immunoreactivity of D2-40 antibody beyond the lymphatics. Am J Dermatopathol. 2007; 29:18-21.
- Bhawan J. Squamous cell carcinoma in situ in skin: what does it mean? J Cutan Pathol. 2007; 34:953-5.