Eligibility and Application Requirements
Thank you for your interest in the Fellow Immersion Training (FIT) Program in Addiction Medicine!
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2017 cycle at this time. Please check back in summer/fall of 2017 for information on the 2018 program.
To apply online:
This training is geared towards:
- incoming or current fellow in an ACGME-accredited clinical sub specialty program that includes HIV and/or hepatitis C training
- incoming or current fellow in and ACGME-accredited clinical pain medicine program
Fellows should be interested in a comprehensive review of addiction medicine and motivated to incorporate substance use issues into their research methods.
- Be incoming or current fellow in a clinical subspecialty program that includes HIV and/or hepatitis C training for the upcoming academic year or enrolled in a clinical pain medicine program.
- Demonstrate that they will have substantial time during their fellowship to pursue a mentored clinical research project.
- Identify a mentor at their institution who will support their clinical research.
- Be able to attend the entire training.
- Complete a FIT Fellow Application.
Application items include:
- Personal statement of no more than 300 words describing your motivation and goals for participation in the FIT Program, and the percentage of time expected to be devoted to clinical research during your Fellowship. Relate your interest in addiction medicine and research to your previous training, Fellowship plans, your career aspirations, and how you will apply the knowledge gained at the FIT Program.
- A description of no more than 300 words describing a research project idea that incorporates addiction medicine and that you could undertake during your fellowship. This description should include the project idea’s aims, research question, methods and potential implications.
- Letter of nomination from your Fellowship Program Director
- Letter of support from a mentor (Note: if your Fellowship Program Director is also your mentor, please have this stated in just one letter)
For more information, please contact:
Marlene Lira, Program Manager| 617.414.6924 (P)| 617.414.4676 (F)
801 Massachusetts Ave, 2nd floor Boston, MA 02118