Program Description and Target Audience
CRIT is a four-day immersion training for incoming chief residents and their faculty mentors on state-of-the-art methods to diagnose, manage, and teach about addiction medicine. This training equips chief residents with essential skills to teach addiction medicine and will help faculty mentors assist their chiefs with incorporating addiction issues into teaching.
- Understand the scientific foundation of addiction
- Improve addiction clinical skills
- Integrate addiction issues into teaching
- Learn about career and research opportunities in addiction medicine
- Enhance faculty mentoring skills
To read more about the results of the CRIT program:
Alford DP, Bridden C, Jackson AH, Saitz R, Amodeo M, Barnes HN, Samet JH. Promoting substance use education among generalist physicians: an evaluation of the Chief Resident Immersion Training (CRIT) program. JGIM. 2009;24:40-47.