The BUSM Pediatric Interest Group has been selected to receive the inaugural...
Celebrating 100 Years of Healing, Discovery and Education
The Evans Memorial Department of Medicine at Boston University School of Medicine will celebrate its 100th anniversary on October 5-6. All former and current residents, fellows, staff, faculty, alumni and their guests are invited to attend a special symposium dedicated to reflecting on the department’s past century and peering into the future of healthcare and discovery.
Read the Campus & Alumni News story about the history of the department and where is it today.
Friday, Oct. 5
• Evans Center for Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Retreat
• Welcome from Dr. Karen Antman, Provost of the Medical Campus and Dean of Boston University School of Medicine
• Tours of the Medical Campus
• Social gatherings with section and residency program colleagues
Saturday, Oct. 6
• Research poster session
• Symposium and panel discussion: Training Clinicians in an Urban Healthcare Environment with Louis Sullivan, MD, former Secretary of Health & Human Services and Catherine Lucey, MD, Vice Dean for Education, University of California San Francisco
• Reflections from Aram Chobanian, MD, University Professor and John I. Sandson Distinguished Professor of Health Sciences, and former Dean and President of Boston University
• Enhancing Translational Research, including a presentation on personalized medicine by Joseph Loscalzo, MD, PhD, former Wade Professor and Chair of the Department of Medicine, current Hersey Professor of the Theory and Practice of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, and chair of the Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
• Gala Dinner at the Moakley Courthouse in Boston including recognition of past chairs, donors, and award winners.